Wrongful Death Cases
New York City Wrongful Death
You must be an administrator or executor of the deceased person’s estate to bring a wrongful death case. If you have lost a loved one to a fatal accident, medical malpractice or other tragedy in which the negligence of another party may have been the cause, it is important that you consult a New York wrongful death attorney who can help you understand your legal options, help you get appointed by the proper Surrogate Court in New York as the estate administrator or executor, guide you through the entire process and pursue wrongful death compensation on your behalf.
Because of the complexity of a wrongful death case, it should be handled by a legal professional who is a seasoned litigator and skilled in proving negligence in a variety of personal injury cases. When our team builds your case and represents your best interests in court, we will prove:
- The defendant acted negligently or recklessly.
- Negligent or reckless actions caused the death of your loved one.
- You are a surviving spouse, child, other beneficiary or dependent of the deceased person.
- You and any other survivors have suffered financial damage and/or the deceased person experienced conscious pain and suffering as the result of the defendant’s negligence.
HOW CAN The Eskesen Law Firm HELP YOU RECOVER WRONGFUL DEATH COMPENSATION?
Our attorneys have recovered six- and seven-figure verdicts and settlements in personal injury cases throughout New York under a variety of circumstances. With 85 years of combined experience, we have proven results in cases involving construction accidents, car accidents, truck accidents, workplace accidents, premises liability, product liability, medical malpractice, police brutality and civil rights.
We walk you through the process, independently investigate the negligent actions that led to the death of your loved one and build a strong case through collaboration with expert witnesses who can testify to the preventable nature of the particular accident and the value of damages resulting from wrongful death.
The damages that we pursue on your behalf include:
- Lost earnings of the deceased between the time of injury and time of death
- Medical costs
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of companionship and financial support
- For minor children: loss of parental nurturing, guidance and education
CALL THE ESKESEN LAW FIRM TODAY
Time is of the essence. In New York, the statute of limitations in wrongful death claims is two years from the date of death, but the estate administrator or executor typically must be appointed before that time for a wrongful death claim to be made.
Contact our Midtown Manhattan office at 800-588-1579 or email us to schedule a free initial consultation. Our lawyers offer services and meet with clients throughout the New York City metropolitan area.